Building for you a safe & secure retirement
Steve builds, from blue-chip dividend paying stocks and bonds, a tax efficient ‘pension’ designed to meet your needs through time without taking unnecessary risk. Financial planning advice and service to his clients is included to make sure that if ‘life happens to you’, your goals aren’t derailed in the process.
Phone: 1 (855) 855-9267 ext. 2
I can help you reach your financial goals through:
- Investing your money wisely by selecting the right asset mix, selecting good investments, sheltering income from taxation, and controlling risk;
- Eliminating, reducing, and deferring taxes so you have more money growing faster to meet your goals;
- Protecting your family against devastating financial losses – like the death, disability or illness of the family breadwinner, property loss, theft or damage, and liability claims; and
- Designing an effective estate plan that’s crafted to distribute your estate according to your wishes, minimize tax and transfer costs, and protect your legacy from a variety of creditors.
(I) Formal university education:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree in 1989 from Simon Fraser University, British Columbia, Canada
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree in 1990 from EU Business School, a private business school headquartered in Switzerland with campuses in Geneva, Montreux, Munich, London, and Barcelona.
(II) Professional certifications:
- Registered Financial Planner (R.F.P.) in 1995, a financial planning designation administered by the Institute of Advanced Financial Planners
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) in 1996, a financial planning designation administered by the Financial Planning Standards Council of Canada
- Canadian Investment Manager (CIM) in 2005, an investment management designation administered by the Canadian Securities Institute
- Partners, Directors and Senior Officers Course (PDO) in 2014 offered by the Canadian Securities Institute
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Exam in 2015 offered by the North American Securities Administrators Association
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Exam in 2017 offered by the North American Securities Administrators Association
Steve’s Work Experience:
(I) Steve has over 25 years work experience in financial planning and investment management through:
- four years with the fee-only financial planning and investment counsel firm, Macdonald, Shymko & Company Ltd.;
- one year of fee-only financial planning with Wm Porter Capital Management Inc.;
- one year on my own doing fee-only financial planning
- twelve years with CIBC Wood Gundy (Park Place and Kerrisdale offices),
- since Aug 2010 as an Advising Representative (Portfolio Manager) with Lycos Asset Management Inc.
(II) Instructor School of Business, Part Time Studies, British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
I teach the course Security Fundamentals (FMGT 4620) at the Burnaby Main Campus and have been doing so since Jan 2014.
This is a core investment course leading toward the Associate Certificate in Financial Planning which is an approved educational program for obtaining the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation.
(I) For insurance (life, disability, health, critical illness, long term care) in British Columbia where I deal with PPI Solutions Inc. (a Managing General Agent (“MGA”) that provides access to most insurance policies and support services in placing and maintaining insurance policies)
(II) For securities as a Portfolio Manager (Advising Representative) with Lycos Asset Management Inc. in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and the Yukon.
Custodian for your Life Savings:
Your life savings are safeguarded by being held in accounts in your name with National Bank Correspondent Network (NBCN) – Canada’s premier provider of custody, trading and brokerage solutions to independent Portfolio Managers and Investment Dealers. NBCN is a division of National Bank Financial which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the National Bank of Canada. NBCN is also a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF).
Who Steve is best able to help:
Although Steve welcomes any family that is serious about investing in their future, Steve is best able to help clients with a minimum of $100,000 to invest. We need this dollar amount to move to directly holding individual stocks and bonds in order to lower your annual costs and to be able to diversify them properly to manage risk. We also like to hand-pick the best blue-chip individual stocks and bonds that are dependable income payors. Although $250,000 is the desired minimum, Steve’s typical client has an investment portfolio of over $750,000. Steve prefers to deal with families that:
(i) are willing to leave their investing in the hands of a capable seasoned professional that they trust,
(ii) value buying quality investments, and
(iii) have the patience and faith to allow quality at a good price to translate to superior returns.
If this sounds like you, please contact Steve directly to set up a no-obligation meeting by calling: (604) 288-2083 (extension 2) or by email: Steve@lycosasset.com